Schedule your Session below!
What to know about your portrait
It's normal for you to have some questions about what to expect when we create your portrait. Here's some information that may calm your nerves.
- Smile. Even if you prefer not to. People always desire to work with professionals who appear friendly and compassionate.
- If you normally wear glasses, we suggest wearing them for your portrait.
- If you are concerned about hair color (for instance gray), we’re happy to adjust it in your portrait.
- Please do not wear scrubs, a white physician coat or your ID badge. We will have to reschedule you if you do.
- Think business professional
- A dark jacket or blazer with a lighter top (white, ivory) can have a slimming appearance.
- Colors should be subdued, muted or darker, avoid bright reds, yellows, greens, etc.
- Solid colors are better than busy patterns, light or muted patterns are fine.
- Simple and understated necklaces or none.
- Earrings should be understated such as studs, not hoops.
Hair and Makeup
- This is not a good time to try out a new hair style or color.
- Error towards having too much hairspray to keep the fly-aways to a minimum.
- If you wear makeup, foundation, lips, blush and go lightly on your eyes.
Remember, your countenance is more important than your clothes.
- Again, business professional
- A suit or sports jacket over a button-down shirt.
- Stay away from bright colors for shirts. White is fine, so is dark blue, brown or green.
- Tie, sweater vest, etc, is optional.
Hair and facial hair
- Haircuts are always best about a week before and beards should be trimmed.
- Short beard stubble (Five o’clock shadow) is nearly impossible to fix in portraits.
- We’ll email your Proof Sheet to you, usually within 24 hours.
- Please review it and then reply with the image number you’ve selected along with any retouching concerns that you might have.
- For men, your wife or significant other is most likely a good source of information regarding your best expression.
- For women, girl friends and co-workers are sometimes helpful if you’re struggling with your decision.
- We request that you make your selection within 3 working days. If we’ve not heard from you by then, we’ll happily select an image for you.
It’s important to us that you appear your very best.
I have read all of the above and am ready to schedule my session.
Or if you’d prefer, call us during normal business hours (10-6) and we’ll be happy to schedule you over the phone.
Occasionally, we have other times and days available.
Please call with your request. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please call or text us.(208) 733-4522